Privacy Commitment and your Client File
Protecting the privacy of your personal information is important to us and to the companies whose products and services we offer. We are committed to collecting, using and disclosing your personal information responsibly.
We will create and maintain, or continue to maintain, a client file for you containing personal information such as: contact information, financial information, records of meetings and phone calls, general correspondence and instructions given to us.
This information will be used to assess your financial situation, offer products and services that may be of interest and benefit to you, and provide ongoing client service.
Your personal information in your client file will be disclosed only to:
- Our employees and persons authorized by us;
- Companies we represent and their employees and agents, for the purpose of providing, or seeking to provide, financial products or services to you;
- Third party service providers selected and authorized by us; in some cases third party service providers may be located outside of Canada, and in those cases your personal information may be subject to the laws, including public authority access laws, of other countries;
- Persons or entities to which you have granted access;
- Persons or entities allowed access by law.
In accordance with applicable law and upon your request, we will provide you access to your personal information in your client file for your review. You have the right to request corrections to your personal information.
Should you provide us, for your client file, any additional personal information (including but not limited to the items listed below), you specifically acknowledge you’re providing these items at your own risk. Of particular note, you release us and the companies we represent, and those acting on behalf of us or those companies, from any liability or responsibility in connection with these documents:
- Insurance policies;
- Copies of life insurance applications, in whole or in part, including medical and lifestyle information;
- Powers of attorney.
You agree any such documents may be converted by us into another format, without the original being retained. Our privacy policies and procedures regarding the above are available from us at your request.
How to contact us:
Requests for access to, or an update or correction of your personal information, or privacy-related questions, complaints or comments may be directed in writing to Tipper Financial Services Ltd. at the following address:
Tipper Financial Services Ltd.
340 Pinnacle Street, Suite 101
Belleville, ON K8N 3B4
Attn: Privacy Officer