Your Rights as They Pertain to Your Personal Information
- You have the right to know why an organization collects, uses or discloses your personal information.
- You have the right to expect an organization to handle your information reasonably and to not use it for any other purpose other than the one to which you consented.
- You have the right to know who in an organization is responsible for protecting your information.
- You have the right to expect an organization to protect your information from unauthorized disclosure.
- You have the right to inspect the information an organization holds about you and make sure it is accurate, complete and current.
- You have the right to expect an organization to destroy your information when requested and when no longer required for the intended purpose.
- You have the right to confidentially complain to an organization about how it handles your information and to the Privacy Commissioner of Canada if need be.
What types of Information We Collect & How We Collect, Use and Disclose It
When you do business with us, we collect three types of information: personal, non-personal and anonymous. You share this information so that we may provide you with products and services that best meet your needs. We assume you consent for our firm to use this information in an appropriate manner. We rely on the reporting systems of Monarch Wealth Corporation, our mutual fund dealer, and Financial Horizons Group, our MGA, as well as the various life insurance companies for whom we are contracted with (collectively know as ‘corporate entities’), to produce your account and policy reports and, as such, we have an obligation to share your data with these corporate entities in order that the account and policy information shown on your reports is accurate and comprehensive. If you would like more information about any of these corporate entities’ Privacy Policies, please contact our office.
We may use and disclose this information in order to:
- Communicate with you in a timely and efficient manner
- Assess your application for investment, insurance and other services available to you by our firm
- Evaluate claims and underwriting risks when required
- Detect and prevent fraud
- Analyze business results
- Act as required or authorized by law
What we will NOT Do with Your Information
We do not sell client information to anyone. Nor do we share client information with organizations outside of our relationship with you that would use it to contact you about their own products or services.
We Strive to Protect Your Personal Information
All employees, associated advisors and suppliers who are granted access to client’s records understand the need to keep this information protected and confidential. They know they are to use the information only for the purposed intended. This expectation is clearly communicated. We have also established physical and systems safeguards, along with proper processes to protect client information from unauthorized access or use.
Your Privacy Choices
You may withdraw your consent at any time (subject to legal or contractual business obligations and on providing us reasonable notice) by contacting our Privacy Officer. Please be aware that withdrawing your consent may prevent us from providing you with requested products or services. We may occasionally use your personal information to advise you of products or services we believe may be of interest to you or fit your personal circumstances. If you would rather not receive this type of communication, please advise our Privacy Officer.
Our Privacy Officer is:
Adam Tipper, BSc, RHU, CFP®
President, Certified Financial Planner
101-340 Pinnacle Street
Belleville, ON K8N 3B4